This is the most important Buddhist temple in Phuket and revered across the island.
The revered monks Luang Pho Chaem and Luang Pho Chuang developed an herbal medicine practice here and tendered to the injured at the temple.
They have a special place in Thai and Phuket history as they looked after the wounded in the tin mine dispute of 1876 and mediated and help end the dispute.
Nowadays, Thais visit the Wat seeking good luck and fortune. It is very typical of the ornate architecture found across Thailand and is located just 3 kilometers from the Chalong traffic circle on Highway 4021.